We offer numerous after school programs, including ballet, basketball, Lego robotics, public speaking, Mandarin and debate. There is no need to rush between school and students’ after school activities as students can simply walk down the hall to an after school enrichment activity.
Frequently asked questions and answers:
- Where to register: For 2020-2021 school year we will be taking registrations online only at this page
- When to register: On Monday, May 25th, 2020 at 10:00am we will open the registration system so that you can submit your registrations forms online.
- How many programs can a student register: You can select up to 4 afterschool programs per registration form. Try to select all classes for one student in one form. If you submit multiple forms for the same child, we will take the first form as the intended submission.
- How to register: Through our web page you will be able to register your child for the classes you want them to take. If you have multiple children, you will need to submit each form for them separately. The online system has a live inventory count of the spaces available. If you can select the programs and submit the form successfully, the system will hold the spaces for you until June 12th, 2020, when tuition payment is due. If payment has not been received by June 12th, the system will release the spot. You will receive a confirmation email with a number. You will need this confirmation number to make the payment. If you cannot select one of the classes that means that the class is full at the moment.
- When to make the payment: for registrations submitted before June 12th, the payment deadline is June 12th, 2020. For registrations submitted after June 12th, the payment deadline is in 5 business days.
- How to make the payment: You will need the registration number in your confirmation email to make the payment.
- By cheque: please submit the cheque to the front office with the exact amount due for the afterschool programs you registered and provide the confirmation number in the memo area on the cheque. This information is in your afterschool registration confirmation email.
- By IOTpay: please scan the school QR code below and make the payment. Please make sure you provide your confirmation number in the Description Box. If you want to make multiple payments please provide the same confirmation number every time. You will need your child’s school ID for IOTPay, if you are a current student, please log in Alma to check it or contact the front office. If you are a new student for 2020-2021 and you haven’t received your student ID, please use 99999 as your temporary student ID to make the payment.
- What if the class is full and not available: You can check online after June 15th 2020 every evening to see if the system has released new spots for the class that you want.
- When is the deadline of the registration: there is no specific deadline for our programs. We will keep collecting the registrations until the classes are full.
After-School Terms and Conditions:
- All After School programs start the week of Sep. 14th, 2020 and end the week of June 7th, 2021. Please refer to the 2020-2021 school calendar on the school website to see non after school program days. For the basketball program, there is no class scheduled on Dec. 3rd, 2020 and Dec. 8th, 2020.
- All fees are non-refundable after the first week of classes except GOH Ballet, Ballet refundable only with a Doctor’s note, or they will consider a pro-rated refund of classes not taken with a doctor’s note that states that the student is not in physical condition to continue with the dance program. Note that the dance uniform fee is strictly non-refundable due to hygienic reasons. There will be exceptions made for the following scenarios in term 3, term 4 and term 5.
- In the event that school does not open in September, Mandarin, Ballet, Lego Wedo, Lego EV3, Grade 2 -3 Public Speaking, and Debate classes will be offered online. No refunds or credits will be offered for Mandarin, Ballet, Lego Wedo, Lego EV3, Grade 2 -3 Public Speaking, and Debate as these classes will function online. For Basketball, K-1 Public Speaking, and Early Simple Machines, the classes will not be offered online when school is closed. The tuition of all missed classes in this scenario will be refunded for Basketball, K-1 Public Speaking, and Early Simple Machines.
- In the event that school is closed partway through the year, all classes will switch to online learning except for basketball, K-1 public speaking, and Kindergarten robotics. In this scenario, for these programs, if more than 50% of the sessions are remaining, a prorated refund will be provided, if less than 50% of the sessions are remaining, the credit will be provided to use for the following school year. These will be calculated based on classes missed due to the school’s closure, at the end of the school year. For saved credits, they can only be used for all the programs provided by the same education organization in Pythagoras Academy or in the locations of the education organizations in the following year and can only be transferred among siblings. If saved credits are used for Pythagoras Academy afterschool programs in the following year, parents need to use the credits to register the program for the whole year. Saved credits can only deduct the certain amount of the tuition for PA afterschool programs and parents need to register the program and pay for the rest of the tuition on time. Otherwise, the saved credits will not be applicable to the students. If parents want to use the saved credits in the locations of the education organizations, they can decide if they would register for a whole year program or register only for the same hours of the saved credits.
- Programs are subject to a minimum number of registrations. Full refunds will be given if programs are cancelled due to low registration.
- Class cancellations due to forced measures are nonrefundable, for example, the school district is closed due to extreme weather.
- We maintain the right to ask the student to withdraw due to behavioral issues, poor attendance, or not meeting class level expectations. For these cases, refunds will not be given.